Gnowbe's Daily Messaging is an excellent way for curators to engage learners. Before reading this article, please ensure that you understand the different learning modes in Gnowbe.
What is Daily Messaging?
- Daily Messaging is the capability to send learners automated notifications every day to motivate and inspire them to learn more.
- Daily Messaging is added to a program at the curation/design stage to keep the user engaged.
- Daily Messaging is different from push notifications and push emails sent to learners from Gnowbe Dashboard. However, both Daily Messaging and push communication have the same objective - driving end-user engagement. As such, if a particular session is already completed, users will not receive daily messaging from that specific session.
- Daily email notifications are sent out at 7 am local time.
- Daily push notifications are sent out at 12 pm local time.
How do I add Daily Messaging to my program?
- Log into Gnowbe Web, go into your Gnowbe program and click Edit.
- Click Manage Sessions.
- Open Session 2 and select the Daily Messaging tab below the session overview. You can add daily push and email messages to every session except Session 1.
- Craft your message.
- Click Save.
What is the best content to include in Daily Messaging?
You can include a small teaser of that session to excite the learner. You can also tell the learner what they'll be able to learn or achieve by the end of that session.
How 'Daily Messaging' works for different learning modes
Daily Messaging in Daily Learning programs
In Daily Learning, learners will receive the daily message from their upcoming session the morning it is made available to them.
- For example, I have completed three sessions in the first three days of my learning. The next morning, I will receive Session 4's daily message.
- Another scenario: I have completed two sessions in the first two days of my learning. On the third morning, I will receive the daily message from Session 3. But if I do not start on Session 3, I will not receive Session 4's daily push message on the fourth morning. Only after I have started on Session 3 will Session 4's push message be sent to me the next day.
Daily Messaging in Streak Learning
In Streak Learning, learners can complete as many sessions as they want in a day sequentially. The next day, learners will receive a daily message from their upcoming session.
- For example, I completed four sessions (or I am still on my 4th session) on the first day of my learning. The next morning, I will receive Session 5's daily message.
Daily Messaging in Unlocked Learning
In Unlocked Learning, learners can jump between sessions and complete as many sessions as they want in a day. The next day, learners will receive the daily message from the session after the furthest session they have started.
- For example, I am currently going through a ten-session program. On the first day, I went through the sessions in this order: 1, 2, 6, and 4. The next day, I will receive Session 7's daily message.
You’ve found the dad jokes section*
Why did Billy get fired from the banana factory? He kept throwing away the bent ones.
*This is irrelevant to the guide; we just want to entertain you for a bit while you’re here! 🤣