Please first learn how to set up Assessment (Basic) here before learning how to customize the assessment format.
You can make six types of customizations to the assessment format for our Assessment (Basic) feature. The various customizations can be made either by Curators (on Gnowbe Web) or Admins/Agents (on Gnowbe Dashboard).
- Assessment customizations Curators can make:
↪ Shuffle assessment actions
↪ Shuffle choices
↪ Set up a question bank
↪ Set a time limit
- Assessment customizations Admins/Agents can make:
↪ Show assessment hints after results
↪ Hide assessment after results
- You will need to ensure that your session has ONLY assessment actions before enabling Assessment mode.
- If it's a new session with no actions added yet, enabling Assessment mode will allow you only to add assessment actions to your session.
- Log into Gnowbe Web, access your program, and enter Edit mode.
- Click Manage sessions.
- Access your assessment session (ensure that this session has ONLY assessment actions).
- Click Assessment mode under the session overview.
- Toggle the switch to enable Assessment mode.
You can make the following customizations here:
1. Shuffle assessment actions
If enabled, Gnowbe will randomly shuffle the assessment actions in this session, and the order it appears to every learner will be different.
- For example, in an assessment session with five questions, the order of assessment actions that Learner A sees will be different from what Learner B sees even though they are going through the same assessment.
2. Shuffle choices
If enabled, the MCQ options for each assessment question will be randomly shuffled for every learner and every assessment reattempt.
- For example, Learner A and Learner B will see their MCQ options appear in a different order even though they are answering the same assessment question.
3. Question bank (set # of randomized assessments shown to learners)
This feature allows you to specify the number of assessment questions that should appear when a learner takes the assessment. The questions that appear for each learner will be randomly picked from the total number of questions you have in the session.
- For example, you have a pool of five assessment questions in your session, and you specify that you only want three questions to be shown to learners at one time.
- Gnowbe will randomly pick three questions out of your five for learners to answer.
- The three questions that Gnowbe randomly selects will be different for each learner.
- The program's curator will have a slightly different view in learner mode. They will see all assessment questions in their program. The randomly unselected questions have an Invisible label to indicate that the curator can skip those questions when they go through the program as a learner.
4. Time limit
Set a time limit for learners to complete their assessment sessions.
- Time will only start running when learners start on their assessment.
- Learners will see a countdown timer on the top right corner of their page.
- Time will continue running even if learners navigate away from their assessment (switching sessions, closing the browser/app, etc.)
- If a learner completes all their assessment questions before the time limit, Gnowbe will proceed to score and evaluate the learner. If not, Gnowbe will automatically score and evaluate the learner once the time limit is up, regardless of the learner's progress.
Assessment customizations Admins/Agents can make
Admins and Agents can customize a program's assessment format on Gnowbe Dashboard. The customizations can be made during the program distribution process.
- Log into Gnowbe Dashboard and click Groups.
- Select the group you wish to distribute the program with assessments to.
- Click Programs.
- Click Add programs.
- Click Add to distribute your program.
- You'll see the following assessment format settings before distribution. Toggle the switch to on/off each setting (we'll explain what these settings are below).
- To edit the assessment settings for a distributed program, go to the Programs page, select the program and click Actions.
- Click Edit.
- A sidebar will appear for you to make changes to the assessment format settings.
- Once done, click Save.
Assessment format customizations made on the Dashboard:
1. Show hints after assessments completed
If enabled, Gnowbe will reveal MCQ option hints to learners after they have completed their assessments. This allows learners to see the correct/wrong answers to individual questions when reviewing their assessment.
- For option hints to appear, the program curator must add them to the assessment questions.
- If no options hints are added, nothing will show up for your learners even with this setting toggled on.
2. Hide assessments after completed
If enabled, learners will not be able to view assessment questions after they have completed their assessments.
- Once scored and evaluated, learners will find their assessment actions all blurred out.
- Learners will be given a prompt when they try to access any assessment actions.