What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your apps and services. How it works is that when an event happens in one app, Zapier can tell another app to perform a particular action - basically an 'if this happens, then do that' command.
Essentially, this feature allows you to automate tasks between Gnowbe and other apps/platforms, allowing for greater connectivity, customization, and improvements in workflows when using Gnowbe.
Here’s an example: You can integrate Gnowbe with Slack using Zapier and set up an automated workflow such that whenever learners complete their Gnowbe program, a Slack message will be sent out automatically to notify your admins/agents.
Note that the use of Zapier with Gnowbe is currently only available for our paid plans.
How to set up Zapier in Gnowbe
Step 1 - Check that your organization has the integration featured turned on.
- The organization Admin will log into Gnowbe Dashboard and click Settings.
- Click Integrations
- Check if there is a Reveal API keys tab.
If the Reveal button is present, it indicates that you have the Integration feature turned on for your organization, and you're good to go! However, if the reveal button does not appear for you and you wish to turn this feature on for your organization, don't hesitate to contact your Gnowbe representative.
Step 2 - Log into Zapier
Log into your Zapier account (https://zapier.com/). Proceed to create an account if you have not done so.
Step 3 - Create a Zap
Once logged into Zapier, start by clicking on Create Zap (top left-hand corner). A Zap is a command containing a trigger and an action for a task you want to perform repeatedly.
Step 4 - Create your trigger
- Search and select Gnowbe under App event.
- Select a trigger event. There are currently five different events you can choose from.
For example, if you select New Group as a trigger, you can create a workflow such that whenever a new group is created in your organization, an activity can happen in another app (e.g., an email can be sent out in Gmail, a message can be sent out on Slack, or a new Tweet can be published on Twitter, etc.)
- Connect your account to Zapier. Click Sign in to Gnowbe. A pop-up will appear for you to connect your Gnowbe account to Zapier.
- Retrieve your API Key from Dashboard. Go back to your organization setting and to the Integrations section. Click Generate New. A string of code will appear under API Keys. You can choose to name this particular API key.
Copy this string of code and paste it into the pop-up. Once done, your organization will be connected to Zapier.
- Finish setting up your trigger by filling in the relevant fields.
- Test your trigger.
Not to worry if an error occurs; opt to skip the test for now and proceed forward.
Step 5 - Create your action
- Search and select your preferred app/platform under App Event.
(We will be using Slack as an example in this guide)
- Select an action event. Note that the action events available are different from app to app.
- Connect your account to Zapier. Follow the instructions and sign in to your account for Zapier to connect with the app.
- Finish setting up your action by filling in the relevant fields.
- Test your action. You can always go back to edit your action.
- Turn on your Zap, and you're done!
Lastly, you can always head back to your Zapier dashboard to turn on/off or edit your Zaps.
You’ve found the dad jokes section*
Where do you learn to make a banana split? Sundae school!
*This is irrelevant to the guide; we just want to entertain you for a bit while you’re here! 🤣