You can evaluate your learners' knowledge using our Assessment (Basic) feature. The assessment feature aims to emulate a class test - where teachers or facilitators will be able to test and score their learners' knowledge in the designated subject area.
Curators can only use Assessment actions to create assessments on Gnowbe.
- Assessment actions are in the form of multiple-choice questions
- Gnowbe will automatically tabulate the learner's final score once they have completed the program's last assessment action.
How to set up Assessment (Basic)
There are two parts to setting up Assessment (Basic) in your Gnowbe program. You will need to:
We'll go through both parts below.
- Based on past feedback, learners usually expect assessment questions to appear together in a program. If you sprinkle them throughout your program, learners may find assessment questions when they are not expecting them, which results in a poor learner experience.
- If you really want to spread assessment questions throughout the program, please label each question clearly, so that learners know that they are about to attempt a scored question.
- If not, we highly recommend that you create a new session in your program to consolidate all assessment questions into a single session.
- Log into Gnowbe Web, access your program, and enter Edit mode.
- Create a new session in your program.
- Click Add a new action.
- Select Assessment.
- Craft your assessment question.
- Repeat to add more questions to your assessment session.
- Log into Gnowbe Web and go into Edit mode.
- Click Go to Program Settings on the left sidebar
- Scroll down and expand the Assessments (Basic) tab.
You can make the following changes to your assessment settings:
1. Passing grade
Set a passing grade for your assessment. The number assigned here will represent the lowest percentage of assessment questions a learner must answer correctly to pass the assessment.
- For example, if you have 20 questions in your assessment and you set the passing grade at 80%, the learner needs to get at least 16 questions correct to pass the assessment.
2. Show assessment results
Enabling this option allows learners to view which individual assessment question they got correct/wrong on their results page (see below). Without this option turned on, learners will only know if they passed or failed their assessment.
3. Allow multiple attempts
Enabling this option allows learners to retake their assessments. Learners will see a Try again button on their results page if you have this option toggled on.
Gnowbe will reset your learners' scores and remove their answers if they choose to retake their assessment.
4. Allow unlimited attempts
Enabling this option allows learners to retake their assessment unlimited times.
5. Max. attempts
If you allow learners to retake their assessment but disallow unlimited attempts, you can set the maximum number of times they can retake their assessment.