Gnowbe offers three learning modes to allow learners to learn in different ways:
- Unlocked Learning
- Daily Learning
- Streak Learning
Curators can set a program's learning mode based on their learning objectives and intended end-user experience.
An overview of the three learning modes
This is the default learning mode for any new program you create. If a program is set to Unlocked Learning, learners can jump between sessions in any order (unless you choose to lock a session manually). Unlocked learning is great if you do not wish to control the pace or order of learning.
If you choose Daily Learning, learners can only access one session per day, relative to their progress.
- Once a learner completes part of the session or the entire session on a certain day, the following session will become automatically available to them the next day.
- But if a learner does not access their latest session, the following session will not be unlocked for them. Only after they have started on their latest session will the following session become available to them the next day.
- Here's an example:
- If available to the user, sessions will be unlocked at 12 am (midnight) user local time.
Daily Learning is quite useful if you want to keep the pace of learning light. It is also helpful for skills development and driving behaviors by encouraging people to learn and apply their knowledge every day.
- Streak Learning is sequential learning, which means that learners are required to go through the sessions in a designated sequence (order).
- In Streak Learning, learners must complete all the actions in a session before the following session becomes available to them. However, learners can do as many sessions at a time as they want, provided they complete all the actions.
- Streak Learning is very useful for content that is critical in nature such as compliance but is also used for product and other training.
How to set your program's learning mode
- Access your program and go into Edit mode.
- Select your learning mode on the left sidebar.
You’ve found the dad jokes section*
Why do vampires seem sick? They're always coffin !
*This is irrelevant to the guide; we just want to entertain you for a bit while you’re here! 🤣